How to Choose a Professional Power Washing Company:
If you don’t want to make mistakes in doing power washing by yourself contact or hire some professional to do the job for you. When looking for a professional power washing company, it’s important to keep in mind the following tips:
- Make sure to do your research and ask for referrals from friends and family.
- Once you have a list of potential companies, ask them for references and contact those references.
- Check the company’s licensing and insurance.
- Ask about the company’s experience with power washing specific surfaces (e.g., vinyl, wood, stucco, etc.).
- Get an estimate in writing before hiring a company.
- Ask about training, certifications, and experience related to the types of surfaces you want power washed (e.g., ASTM Certification if you are having concrete or masonry cleaned).
- Request that they bring out samples of their work for your review before hiring them.
- If you’re using a contractor-based business, ask for proof that they are licensed and insured.
- If you’re hiring a company to do work at your home, be sure they bring protection (e.g., plastic or tarps) so that the power washing doesn’t get on your landscaping.
- Carefully check out any company before you hire them.
The exterior of your home or business is one of its first lines of defense against the elements, so knowing how to keep it clean and well maintained is vital to preserving that all-important first impression. If left unattended, outdoor surfaces can become filthy over time, detracting from the curb appeal of your property.